Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Goodbye, Spring


2ND AVENUE MEDITATION GROUP

Diligently she works here
long hours, speaking not only
a different language from
the city norm
but also a continent away
from this Chinese family run business.
On her days off she sits in the
customer chair closest to the
open window
watching the tram, a sky gondola,
drift back and forth across 
the tidal strait as her clothes
wash/spin.
We could talk, she and I, but
something in her pose
asks not to be intruded upon.
I smile (in case I'm wrong) and
fish out my crossword puzzles.
I feel like designing one myself:
5 across ten spaces
"quiet world for restoration"

l a u n d r o m a t

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

1 comment:

  1. right; and a good way to start the new one: clean clothes and a quiet, cool meditation on the upcoming summer in the city.

    ReplyDelete